Before the Rebellion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts school at the time of James, Lily, Sirius and Remus. The rebellion is about to begin and when it does, on which side will you be?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

♥Writing and song and making friends♥

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarah Taylor

Sarah Taylor

♥Writing and song and making friends♥ Empty
PostSubject: ♥Writing and song and making friends♥   ♥Writing and song and making friends♥ Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:41 am

Sarah sat under a large tree with one of her lyric books and a pen behind her ear. It was a bright Saturday morning and most students weren't out of bed yet. She wrote down the last few lines and read over the lyrics.

Hey little girl with your tangled hair, your tattered clothes
You're fifteen and you're about to bloom just like a rose
You're wishing that you had designer jeans
Like the ones you see in magazines

Now I know you'd give anything just to fit in
But your worth ain't on a price tag, it comes from within

Don't you know you're beautiful?
Just the way you are!

Hey there little homecoming queen in that back seat
I'll bet his brown eyes are promising you everything!
And I know you want to be just like your friends
But he'll still love you if you don't give in

But if those girls were being honest that have been where you're at
I'd bet they'd tell you they wish they had their innocence back

Just the way you are!

So if he left you for a girl that could be your twin, if you were 28 again
Let him go, let him fly, keep your head up, get on with your life!

Just the way you are!

Just the way you are!

Back to top Go down
Ames Devereux

Ames Devereux

PostSubject: Re: ♥Writing and song and making friends♥   ♥Writing and song and making friends♥ Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:56 am

Ames walked across the courtyard. He had stayed up and out all night, but wasn't tired. No one else was up yet, and no one would be up early, for it was Saturday. He decided to perhaps beat the rush in the Great Hall and get something to eat. As he passed a large tree, he noticed a girl sitting underneath of it. She was writing. Ames approached her. "Are you writer?" he asked with a charming smile. He sat down next to her with ease.
Back to top Go down
Sarah Taylor

Sarah Taylor

PostSubject: Re: ♥Writing and song and making friends♥   ♥Writing and song and making friends♥ Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 6:05 pm

Sarah looked up from her notebook and blushed. "Uh, kinda, if songs and poetry count." She smiled and pushed her short blond hair out of her face and set her notebook on her lap. "I'm Sarah Taylor." She said and held her hand out for a handshake. "What house are you in? I'm in Ravenclaw." She smiled. "I really hate being a veela." Sarah thought to herself.
Back to top Go down
Ames Devereux

Ames Devereux

PostSubject: Re: ♥Writing and song and making friends♥   ♥Writing and song and making friends♥ Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:10 pm

Ames took her hand and held it delicately as he introduced himself, "My name is Ames. I'm in Ravenclaw, also. Seventh year." His face then opened to a wide grin as he released her hand. "Do you sing the songs you write? I bet you have a beautiful voice, if it compares to your appearence," he flirted.
Back to top Go down
Sarah Taylor

Sarah Taylor

PostSubject: Re: ♥Writing and song and making friends♥   ♥Writing and song and making friends♥ Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 3:39 am

Sarah's blush deepened the tiniest bit. "It's a pleasure to meet you Ames, I'm a seventh year also." she smiled. "Yes, I sing them... but I don't think I'm that good of a singer." she said quietly.
Back to top Go down
Ames Devereux

Ames Devereux

PostSubject: Re: ♥Writing and song and making friends♥   ♥Writing and song and making friends♥ Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 8:15 am

Ames released a heavy sigh as he spoke, "Like I said, if your voice is anywhere as beautiful as you are, I bet you are great." He wondered why girls sometimes lacked confidence. He noticed that Sarah was a veela, so she surely should know that everything about her was beautiful. Veelas could enchant men, from their appearance to their voices.

"So, Sarah," Ames began, looking into her eyes. "Tell me about yourself. Where are you from? I'd like to hear about your family." He said this very sincerely.
Back to top Go down
Sarah Taylor

Sarah Taylor

PostSubject: Re: ♥Writing and song and making friends♥   ♥Writing and song and making friends♥ Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 8:24 am

Sarah blushed lightly and smiled. "Thanks Ames..." She said and laid her notebook down on the ground and brought her knees closer to her. She looked at Ames and realized that he was rather handsome, she hoped he wasn't just talking to her because of her looks.

She looked at him and wondered why he would care. She mentally shrugged and smiled. "Well, my parents are both from France, my cousin is Kayalynn Green and her family. Her mum is my dad's sister. We're all very musical, all of us do something that is involved with music. Whether it's writing songs, singing, or playing an instrument. Both of my parents come from a full blooded veela family... I spend most of my summers in France, but i'd rather be home on my ranch." She told him. "My dad works for the ministry and my mum is a healer at St. Mungo's."
Back to top Go down
Ames Devereux

Ames Devereux

PostSubject: Re: ♥Writing and song and making friends♥   ♥Writing and song and making friends♥ Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 8:43 am

Ames listened to her fully. Not only did he hear her words, but he tried to listen to her tone as well. To him, she had seemed a little hesitant at the beginning, but then she opened up. His face lit up at the mention of France. "I'm French," Ames exclaimed. "Do you speak any French?" he asked hopeful.

He thought about her other words as well. "That's really interesting how everyone is involved in music. I like music, but I've never learned an instrument or even really sang," he confessed.

"Veela," he repeated. His face then became curious. "So, that means that Kayalynn Green is part veela, also. Am I wrong?"
Back to top Go down
Sarah Taylor

Sarah Taylor

PostSubject: Re: ♥Writing and song and making friends♥   ♥Writing and song and making friends♥ Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 6:19 pm

She watched him as she told him about her family and smiled when his face lit up at the mention of France. "Oui je parle le francais." She smiled beautifully at him.

"Yeah, it's nice I guess..." she laughed and smiled at him. "Well, some people would rather listen to it then do the hard work and learn how to play it."
Back to top Go down
Ames Devereux

Ames Devereux

PostSubject: Re: ♥Writing and song and making friends♥   ♥Writing and song and making friends♥ Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:57 am

Ames felt very excited and awed by her French. Her veela voice had made the French even more beautiful. "Tu parles le français très bien," he spoke, with his French accent very pronounced. "Il y a eu longtemps puisque je ai parlé dans ma langue avec une copine."

He gazed at her as he listened to her laugh then smiled even brighter. "I guess I am one of the lazy people who don't have the patience to sit down to an intstrument. I think listening is my thing, anyway," he joked.
Back to top Go down
Sarah Taylor

Sarah Taylor

PostSubject: Re: ♥Writing and song and making friends♥   ♥Writing and song and making friends♥ Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 10:48 am

Sarah had watched Ames' expressions as she spoke, she mentally cursed her parents heritage when he bacame awed from her voice and the French. "oui, je n'ai pas parlé la langue avec un compagnon an longue période"

Sarah laughed and shrugged. "A lot of people are like that, but it's cool. We musicians need some people to appreciate our hard work." She jocked back with a bright smile.
Back to top Go down
Ames Devereux

Ames Devereux

PostSubject: Re: ♥Writing and song and making friends♥   ♥Writing and song and making friends♥ Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 12:41 pm

Ames listened to her joke and nodded with a small chuckle. "Well, anytime you wish you perform, I"ll listen and fully appreciate," he said earnestly.

"Do you have any interests besides music?" he asked. "I know that you dedicate yourself fully to that art, but there has to be something else you might have an interest in. Since music's not my thing, I need something else to impress you with," he said with a charming smile. He hoped that she wouldn't take his flirting in a negative way.
Back to top Go down
Sarah Taylor

Sarah Taylor

PostSubject: Re: ♥Writing and song and making friends♥   ♥Writing and song and making friends♥ Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 1:06 pm

"Alright, although I think you'll be waiting a while... a bit of a bad thing stage fright is." She smiled and shrugged.

Sarah smiled. "Flying, I love flying. I'm not the best at quiditch, but I find it fascinating." She said to him. "I'm not bad at the flying part, it's just I've never had much practice with quiditch." She explained.
Back to top Go down
Ames Devereux

Ames Devereux

PostSubject: Re: ♥Writing and song and making friends♥   ♥Writing and song and making friends♥ Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 1:13 pm

Ames smiled at her, "I'm sure you'll get over stage fright, once you see how great you are. And I'm sure you're great." Ames added the last part. He had never actually heard her sing, but he had heard her voice, and it was beautiful.

His face light up at the mention of flying and quidditch. "Now, that is something that I know a little about," he said modestly. "I love quidditch. If you'd like we could go flying together. Maybe I could teach you a little about the game and we could play it." He shrugged a little.
Back to top Go down
Sarah Taylor

Sarah Taylor

PostSubject: Re: ♥Writing and song and making friends♥   ♥Writing and song and making friends♥ Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 1:17 pm

Sarah blushed. "You've never even heard me sing." She said.

Sarah's smiled widened. "Really? You'd do that? That'd be fantastic! I'd love to." She said happily. "My cousin Kayalynn is the Slytherin quiditch captain, but she's never really had the patience to teach me how to play."
Back to top Go down
Ames Devereux

Ames Devereux

PostSubject: Re: ♥Writing and song and making friends♥   ♥Writing and song and making friends♥ Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 1:38 pm

Ames smiled at her blushing and that she had caught him. "True, but we could change that. If you sing the song you wrote, I'll write my own and sing it to you," he promised. "There's no way you can be worse than I am." He let out a chuckle. He then decided to go a little further. "Maybe if you sing so well, I'll improvise a song." He hadn't even thought that through nor did he know whether he could do it or not.

Ames beamed. "I would love to," he said earnestly. "I love Quidditch. Maybe sometime this week we could."
Back to top Go down
Sarah Taylor

Sarah Taylor

PostSubject: Re: ♥Writing and song and making friends♥   ♥Writing and song and making friends♥ Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 1:47 pm

Sarah's blush deepened just a tad, but she smiled and looked at him. "Fine, but please be honest with what you think of it." She said and took out her purse and got out what looked like a small guitar that would fit in a doll house. She flicked her wand and muttered the spell to enlarged it and the guitar grew. She picked it up, fixed the strings, and strummed the notes.
"Hey little girl with your tangled hair, your tattered clothes,
You're fifteen and you're about to bloom just like a rose.
You’re wishing that you had designer jeans
Like the ones you see in magazines.
Now I know you’d give anything just to fit in
But your worth ain't on a price tag, it comes from within.

Don’t you know you’re beautiful?
Just the way you are!
[Don't You Know You're Beautiful Lyrics on http://www.elyricsworld.com/ ]
Hey there little homecoming queen in that back seat.
I’ll bet his brown eyes are promising you everything!
And I know you want to be just like your friends,
But he’ll still love you if you don’t give in.
But if those girls were being honest that have been where you're at,
I’d bet they’d tell you they wish they had their innocence back.

Just the way you are!

So if he left you for a girl that could be your twin
If you were 28 again,
Let him go, let him fly, keep your head up,
Get on with your life!

Just the way you are!

Just the way you are!
Oh, just the way you are!"

She smiled and finished her song. "What'd you think?"
Back to top Go down
Ames Devereux

Ames Devereux

PostSubject: Re: ♥Writing and song and making friends♥   ♥Writing and song and making friends♥ Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:07 pm

Ames beamed widely when she decided that she would sing. He watched as she readied her guitar. Then she began to sing. Ames listened carefully getting every word. He felt passion in her voice and it made him smile.

After she finished, Ames clapped while exclaiming, "Bravo, bravo." He then laughed wondering if he had embarrassed her. "I knew you had a beautiful voice," he complimented. "The lyrics were beautiful, too. If you don't mind telling me, what or who did you write this song about?"
Back to top Go down
Sarah Taylor

Sarah Taylor

PostSubject: Re: ♥Writing and song and making friends♥   ♥Writing and song and making friends♥ Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:11 pm

Sarah blushed at Ames and smiled. "Thank you, I uh... well it started out for my sister, then it moved on to just any girl who thought she wasn't good enough." She said truthfully and set her favorite guitar down.

"And about the quiditch thing, just tell me when and I'll meet you there." She smiled at him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ♥Writing and song and making friends♥   ♥Writing and song and making friends♥ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

♥Writing and song and making friends♥
Page 1 of 1