Before the Rebellion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts school at the time of James, Lily, Sirius and Remus. The rebellion is about to begin and when it does, on which side will you be?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

You're Crashing, But You're No Wave

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lux Levesque

Lux Levesque

You're Crashing, But You're No Wave Empty
PostSubject: You're Crashing, But You're No Wave   You're Crashing, But You're No Wave Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 9:30 am

Lux sat on her bed, close to the window. It was dinner time, and no one else was in the dormitory. Lux wasn't very hungry, so she decided to come up here. She liked the quiet and she liked the view she got overlooking the school's grounds. The sunset also provided her with pleasure. She liked to watch the sky paint itself to black.

Lux pulled out a book and began to read, but she couldn't really concentrate on the words. She closed the book and pulled out some parchment and a quill. Using the book as a hard surface, she began to write a letter.
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: You're Crashing, But You're No Wave   You're Crashing, But You're No Wave Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 9:41 am

Catalina jumped in from the balcony's window, eager for the chill of the room. Cold had always been her favorite. The moon cascaded through the window lightly, casting a soft diamond-like glow to her porcelain skin. Her sapphire eyes landed on Lux and she smiled softly.

Moving towards her bed, which was next to the other Ravenclaw's, she said, "Hello there. Are you not hungry, either? I thought that I was the only one that didn't go to dinner."
Back to top Go down
Lux Levesque

Lux Levesque

PostSubject: Re: You're Crashing, But You're No Wave   You're Crashing, But You're No Wave Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 1:47 pm

Lux's eyes darted up as she saw a figure come in from the window. She recognized it to be Catalina. Lux sat her book with the parchment and quill aside on her bed and listened to the girl. She would continue her letter later. She causually crossed her hands over her lap in a relaxed position.

With a smile, Lux began, "No, I haven't been very hungry lately." Lux knew that this sounded funny, because she hardly ever skipped a meal. She wasn't a big girl, but she still greatly enjoyed food. Lux shrugged and looked out the window. "Perhaps I'm sick," she muttered.

"How are you, Cat?" Lux began as she looked back over at the girl. "I mean Catalina," she instantly corrected herself. Lux then became curious, "Has anyone ever called you Cat before?"
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: You're Crashing, But You're No Wave   You're Crashing, But You're No Wave Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 6:45 pm

Catalina watched Lux push a piece of parchment aside. Instantly, she gave an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry, am I interrupting something? I just heard a noise, so I thought I'd come back in."

She giggled and then said, "Yes, but I've never really liked food. I was always taught to eat in small portions." It annoyed her, actually, the thought of her younger days when her parents forbade her to eat certain things. "I've never even had chocolate." She sighed, remembering the smell . . .

"Too thoughtful, I believe," she smiled. "But, how are you, Lux?" Catalina didn't know much about this girl. "I don't mind it. I understand Catalina is a mouthful. You can call me Cat if you like." Just never Lina. Never again. "Is Lux short for something?"
Back to top Go down
Lux Levesque

Lux Levesque

PostSubject: Re: You're Crashing, But You're No Wave   You're Crashing, But You're No Wave Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 2:00 pm

Lux's eyes grew wide as she exclaimed, "No, no! You're fine! You didn't interrupt. Well, I guess you did," Lux debated aloud. "But not terribly. I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to say in my letter, anyway. And besides, I enjoy company." Lux offered a smile.

"You've never had chocolate?" Lux asked with wide eyes. "Are you allergic or anything? I mean chocolate is one of the most delicious and delectable tastes. I can't believe you haven't tried it. My father is strict against sweets, and controlling when it comes to what I eat, but I've managed to get around him while I'm at school," she laughed as she said that.

Lux nodded at the girl's words. "I'm doing okay. I'm just a little worried about my family back at home, but otherwise I think I'm well," she said this reassuring to Catalina and to herself. She smiled before saying, "I'll think about it. I'm not really fond of nicknames, but sometimes I guess they're okay. Yes, I think. I was named Lumina at birtth, but I've been called Lux for as long as I can remember, so I've sort of adopted that name, I guess. They both are derived from light in latin." Lux didn't know why she threw in that last part.
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: You're Crashing, But You're No Wave   You're Crashing, But You're No Wave Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 2:36 pm

Catalina giggled sweetly at the girl's outburst. "Alright then, I will stay." She smiled warmly, listening amusedly to Lux's comments.

She shook her head at the question and then said, "I have smelled it before, and there was nothing that I wanted more." She paused, remembering the smell of chocolate on Remus. Giggling, she thought that was quite odd. "I've heard it was lovely. My father is pretty strict with everything, and my mother's more gentle, but she doesn't go against his word." She sighed. "I don't know if I could do something against their teachings even here . . . away from them."

"I know what that's like," Catalina whispered. "I don't really like nicknames, either, but my love, Benjamin, insists I call him Ben." She rolled her eyes. "Boys." She smiled at the reference Lux made to her name. "Catalina means pure. I'm not so sure how close it is to myself, though." She made a wrinkled nose, and it was cute.
Back to top Go down
Brooklyn James
Seventh Year
Brooklyn James

PostSubject: Re: You're Crashing, But You're No Wave   You're Crashing, But You're No Wave Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 7:23 pm

Brooklyn ran into the girls dorm and quickly made a bee-line for her bed. She quickly jumped on her bed and flicked her wrist so the canopy went around her whole bed. She was half tempted to put a silencing charm on herself, but she figured Catty would get suspicious if no sound came from her spot.
Back to top Go down
Lux Levesque

Lux Levesque

PostSubject: Re: You're Crashing, But You're No Wave   You're Crashing, But You're No Wave Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:40 am

Lux giggled along with Catalina for a moment before noting jokingly, "So I supposed that chocolate is the forbidden fruit in your life. If you ever want to commit the sin there's all kinds of it in the kitchen, or you are welcome to help yourself to mine." Lux motioned toward a small decorative tin on the bottom shelf of her bedside table. "It's the best," she said while throwing her head back for effect. "Dark, but yet creamy. I don't know where Molly found it--my friend," Lux explained. "She's the one who bought it for me."

"I don't think that I could call you Cat, or anything else besides Catalina. Your name is very pretty," Lux said with a smile. Her smile turned more sinister though when she said, "I'm sure you're pure."

Before Catalina could respond, another girl burst through the room. Lux watched as she whisked the canopy around her bed. Lux turned toward Catalina, unsure of what to do. She didnt' know if she should just leave the girl alone and give her space, or try to help. She decided to go with the latter. "Hello," Lux said softly. "Are you alright? Is there anythign we can do to help?"
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: You're Crashing, But You're No Wave   You're Crashing, But You're No Wave Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 10:56 am

Catalina nodded, smiling softly. At the thought of trying it, her eyes lit up with excitement. She moved towards the tin and said, "May I?" She almost drooled at the description of the sweet and fought back an urge to attack the tin and eat it all in one gulp.

"Thank you," Catalina said sweetly. She blinked at Lux's last statement and frowned slightly, about to reply when Bee burst into the room and hid herself behind her canopy curtains.

With a small sight, Catalina said, "That's Bee. She's just depressed right now." Moving softly off of her bed and opening the curtains, she whispered, "Honey, did something else happen? Do you want to talk about it?"
Back to top Go down
Lux Levesque

Lux Levesque

PostSubject: Re: You're Crashing, But You're No Wave   You're Crashing, But You're No Wave Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 1:18 pm

Happily, Lux leaned over her bed and picked the small tin up. She opened the lid, allowing a strong, sweet aroma of chocolate to escape. She closed her eyes as she enhaled the sweet scent. "Help yourself," Lux said. There were about a half dozen pieces left. She briefly thought about asking Molly to send more.

Lux nodded at Catalina's explaination and then watched as she approached the girl.
Back to top Go down
Brooklyn James
Seventh Year
Brooklyn James

PostSubject: Re: You're Crashing, But You're No Wave   You're Crashing, But You're No Wave Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:12 pm

Brooklyn looked up at Catalina with tears spilling down her cheeks. She attempted to calm down and wiped her eyes. "I was walking around the school, my feet just lead me to the astronomy tower.... I couldn't stand the sudden burst of memories. It was so painful."
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: You're Crashing, But You're No Wave   You're Crashing, But You're No Wave Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:20 pm

Catalina sighed, hating to see her friend like this. "Aw, honey," she whispered, pulling Bee into her arms and holding her close. "I think you should find another man to get your attention. It won't do you good lingering on Ashcroft. I would know."
Back to top Go down
Brooklyn James
Seventh Year
Brooklyn James

PostSubject: Re: You're Crashing, But You're No Wave   You're Crashing, But You're No Wave Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:36 pm

Brooklyn let Catalina hold her and started to cry again. "All the guys around here are already in a relationship, the ones who are worth my time anyway."
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: You're Crashing, But You're No Wave   You're Crashing, But You're No Wave Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 12:09 am

Catalina flashed her a gentle smile and then said, "There's one for you, Bee, I promise. We are given one heart so that we may search the world to find the other one that keeps our own alive. Ashcroft was not that heart."
Back to top Go down
Brooklyn James
Seventh Year
Brooklyn James

PostSubject: Re: You're Crashing, But You're No Wave   You're Crashing, But You're No Wave Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:04 pm

Brooklyn slightly nodded her head. She knew it'd be ages before she found interest in another guy. But she knew that Catalina was right and that Xavier wasn't the one for her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You're Crashing, But You're No Wave   You're Crashing, But You're No Wave Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You're Crashing, But You're No Wave
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before the Rebellion :: Hogwarts :: Ravenclaw Common room :: Girls Dorms-
Jump to: