Before the Rebellion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts school at the time of James, Lily, Sirius and Remus. The rebellion is about to begin and when it does, on which side will you be?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ben's Apartment

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

Ben's Apartment Empty
PostSubject: Ben's Apartment   Ben's Apartment Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 8:59 pm

Spoiler:

Ben kicked the door of his apartment open with a bang. He was sure the neighbors would complain but he didn't care. The second he got inside he opened hit the on button of his stereo and cranked it up. On his way to the bedroom he peeled off his shirt and tossed it into the small laundry room...well area. Surprising since Catalina mentioned it, he had been keeping his house tidy. Well, tidy by his standards.
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

Ben's Apartment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's Apartment   Ben's Apartment Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:24 pm

Catalina sped her broom up as she headed in the direction of Ben's apartment. She landed on his floor (outside apparently) and then almost fell from lack of control. Tears were still fleeing from her sapphire eyes, and she barely knocked on the door before she collapsed onto her knees, barely able to take it.

Idly, she heard music, and then wondered if Ben would even hear her over it. She gasped for air, but found that she couldn't breathe, her mind flashing to Remus writhing on the ground.

"Ben!" she screamed helplessly, her velvet voice full of hopelessness.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

Ben's Apartment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's Apartment   Ben's Apartment Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:47 pm

Even over the music, Ben caught the sharp knocking at his door. He caught her familiar scent and rushed to the door. Along the way he grabbed a clean shirt and tugged it on. The sound of his name brought him to a full run to the door.

"Catalina??" Ben looked around as he practically tore the door of its hinges. He saw her on the ground and fell to one knee by her side. "Goddamn, what's wrong?" Ben put an arm around her waist and helped her to her feet. He brought her into the apartment and kicked the door closed. "You need to breathe Catalina."
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

Ben's Apartment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's Apartment   Ben's Apartment Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:54 pm

Catalina barely registered Ben helping her inside. She could not think. She rested her head in his chest and cried for a moment before turning her tear-strewn face up to his. She took a deep breath and then felt more tears roll down her face.

"I hurt him," she whispered, holding onto Ben for support. "My only friend at Hogwarts and I tortured him." She let out a cry of pain as her heart wrenched. "Bellatrix said that was how I could become a Death Eater, and I told Remus I had to . . . and he let me . . ."

She trembled violently, her voice shaking through her words. "He was so kind, Ben. He promised to not give up on me."
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

Ben's Apartment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's Apartment   Ben's Apartment Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:38 pm

Ben held her tightly as if it could stop her trembling. He could feel her hot tears on the front of his shirt. When she explained he honestly had no idea what she was talking about. Instead he just nodded and listened. "Calm down. Who are we talking about?" Ben walked her to the couch. He went into his kitchen and started to heat up some water. On his way back to Catalina he brought back tissues.
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

Ben's Apartment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's Apartment   Ben's Apartment Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:44 pm

"Remus Lupin," she whispered sadly. She plopped down on the couch, practically collapsing on it as she continued to tremble. She took some tissues and then wiped at her eyes. "He was my friend, and Bellatrix said that I had to inflict pain upon him to become a Death Eater . . . but I warned him before . . . Ben, I love him." She looked at him, her face suddenly blanching more than it already was. "Only as a friend, I promise." She flashed him a watery smile.

"He allowed me to use the Cruciatus Curse on him without a fight . . . because he knew that I wanted this." She gestured to the air, thinking of Voldemort. "He promised me he wouldn't give up on me . . . but I don't know what I'm supposed to do now."
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

Ben's Apartment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's Apartment   Ben's Apartment Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:57 pm

Ben took a seat next to her. He never was too good with the whole crying thing. "She was manipulating you into hurting those you love. If you want to be a Death Eater, that's what it's like." He flinched visibly when she said she loved him. "Lupin. A Maurader. Perhaps you should rethink your decision. If you allow yourself to get close, both of you will get hurt."

"He's a good friend then." Ben sighed and slouched in his seat. "If he understood why you needed to do it then he is indeed a friend to keep. I don't see the problem, the curse only causes physical pain. Have you spoke to him?"
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

Ben's Apartment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's Apartment   Ben's Apartment Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:02 am

"But, Bellatrix knew that I was close to him . . . I just don't understand how he could have been involved if he didn't need to be." She touched his face at his flinch and leaned in towards his pallid countenance. She kissed his lips softly and murmured, "I have let you into my heart, Ben, please don't think that I have forgotten that. Remus is a friend. He's the only one that gave me a chance." She frowned slightly. "How do you know that he is a Marauder? Has Severus spoken of him?"

Catalina nodded, agreeing. "Yes, he is." She touched his face again, keeping her body close to his. "His girlfriend attacked me afterwards and told me to stay away from him . . . but I know he'll still talk to me. I just don't know how." She looked up into his eyes. "But, it takes a lot to cast it, Ben. I just don't think I could do that to someone I know. Other people that I don't like maybe, but Remus?" She shook her head sadly.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

Ben's Apartment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's Apartment   Ben's Apartment Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:13 am

"Belatrix will hurt you in every way possible to prove to herself that she is not the only person without a soul. Remus is your weakness and so she exploited that." Ben returned the kiss reluctantly and managed a thin smile. "I understand. Severus? I don't speak to him. But don't think the Dark Lord doesn't keep track of those who can become threats."

Ben put his arm around her and pulled her in closer. He rested his head against hers. "Jealousy. You're a beautiful woman and even if friendship is all you seek, they will never see it like that. Forcing him to choose between a friend or a girlfriend is wrong. But he'll have to see that you mean no harm." Her look drew him to kiss her again. "Do you still wish to be a Death Eater? You'll need practice if you do. For your first time, Lupin was not a good choice."
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

Ben's Apartment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's Apartment   Ben's Apartment Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:21 am

Catalina nodded, flashing him a small smile. "Do you really understand, Ben?" she asked, batting her lashes and leaning her face closer to his and then pressing her lips to his once more before pulling away and smiling. "Severus seems alright to me. He's obsessed with a girl named Lily Evans, though. I feel sort of like I'm in the same situation, except with a guy and I'm not obsessed with him." She gave a small giggle.

Catalina felt her heart tremble in excitement and pleasure as Ben pulled her closer. Although he was cold, she felt so warm this close to him. "I've given up on trying to prove to them that I don't want their boyfriends. They can call me whores all they like, because---" She blushed and touched his nose. "---I have you."

"Do you think that I'm forcing him to choose? Because I'm not trying to. He did choose me over her once, but it nearly killed her." She rolled her eyes. "Too bad it didn't work." Then, at his question, she nodded cutely and affirmatively. "Yes, I do. It's my choice and my path. I'm taking it."
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

Ben's Apartment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's Apartment   Ben's Apartment Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:42 am

Ben felt a fire burn in his heart when Catalina kissed him again. She took his breath away, metaphorically that is. Her Veela charm had him head over heels. "I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to understand." He muttered. That kiss was enough to mess with whatever thought process he had going on. "So...pretty much. Your situation would just be that, you're with a guy?"

The pounding of her heart was furiously loud. He couldn't help but laugh at her blushing, it really was too adorable. Her statement was a sudden blow to him. The truth behind it was too powerful to ignore. She was right. He was hers. "Now they're boyfriends can be jealous of what I have." Ben grinned smugly.

"You're not forcing him. It's just a choice that comes along with the package. He's infatuated with her but friends with you." Ben nodded at her words. "He may be a friend and this is the choice you have to make. Are you willing to hurt him again? Can you kill him if he goes to the opposite side?" At this, Ben stood up and walked to face Catalina. "Try it. Disguise your feelings as hate. All you have to do is convince Belatrix that you could care less. But in order not to be like her, you must maintain your humanity. Now, hit me with your best one."
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

Ben's Apartment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's Apartment   Ben's Apartment Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:58 am

Catalina giggled. "Good. That's the perfect answer." She paused, thinking. "Well, more or less I suppose. Remus is just a guy, a friend guy."

"Yes, and I wish I could show you off at school." She frowned at him sweetly. "Do you have any pictures of yourself?" Catalina laughed at how silly that sounded.

Can I kill him? she asked herself. On instinct, Catalina shook her head. "Not unless I have to. But, I will make that choice on my own, not just because Voldemort told me to." She sighed. "If he tells me to kill anyone that's blocking my way, I'm sure I could find a way to hurt Remus without actually killing him, just to remove him from my line of fire."

Catalina blinked a couple of times, gazing up at Ben with her sapphire eyes. She stood up in front of him, unable to stop her heart from trembling. "But, she wouldn't make me hurt you, would she?" Then, with a sudden thought, she murmured, "We can't tell her, Ben. Okay? Promise me you won't."

She closed her eyes for a moment, trying to feel hatred and anger pulse through her veins. She thought of what Bellatrix made her do, the words of all of the Gryffindor girls, and then she thought of Deimos. When her eyes flashed open again, her face had taken on a flash of the monster inside of every Veela. Without thinking, she lashed out at Ben, her hand meeting his cheek and leaving three marks from her long fingernails upon his cheek. She watched as the redness surrounded the spot her hand had struck.

"How was that?" she whispered sadly, her face returning to its exquisite beauty.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

Ben's Apartment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's Apartment   Ben's Apartment Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:24 pm

"Show me off?" Ben raised an eyebrow. "I do wish I could see you more often. Well I've snuck in the school once, wouldn't be hard to do it again. I could pass as a student...kind of. And as for pictures...there might be one of me around here somewhere. Alice loved to take photos. There all stored away somewhere."

"It will be hard. He would kill you if you refused." He took a step closer and caressed her cheek. "She might. We can try to hide it. But I promise I won't tell her. " He nodded and stepped back again.

He watched her harness her anger. It took a second for the slap to even register. Once it did though, it stung. He shook his head as if to shake the effects off. His cool hand brought some comfort to his burning cheek. "Ow. First off, your nails. Ow. Second, if you could do that with an Unforgivable, I wouldn't want to mess with you. Good though. Remember what that felt like. The anger and then that feeling of release."

The kettle whistled on the stove and Ben jogged over to take it off. He poured her a cup of tea and handed it to her. "Here, this will make you feel better." He sat back down. "I understand Lupin is your friend. But your alliances are different. Now you can continue to meet in secrecy, for how long I'm not sure. There is a war arriving and I don't want to see you hurt when you can't see him again."
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

Ben's Apartment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's Apartment   Ben's Apartment Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 7:57 pm

"Yes, why wouldn't I want to show you off?" She giggled. "We could meet in the Forest, if you wish. I'll make sure Bellatrix doesn't know. Maybe Severus could keep me updated on her, although I heard that they're on a shaky path towards each other right now." Her sapphire eyes zoomed around his apartment. "Could you find one for me? You don't have to right now, I'd just really like a picture."

"Refuse me?" Catalina giggled, raising her eyebrows in surprise. "But, you have forgotten that I'm a Veela, Ben. And Voldemort is a male. I'm sure I could persuade him. Or, at least, try that once." She laughed darkly.

Catalina kissed the spot she had struck and then sat back down on the couch. "Bellatrix was surprised at my use of the Cruciatus Curse. And, to be honest, Ben, I thought that one could not accomplish it without a lot of hatred. And, when it was Remus . . . I'm just glad that's over with . . . for now." She sighed sadly, pulling out her wand and pointing it at his cheek. "Episkey," she whispered.

She took the cup gladly and softly sipped from it. The heat from the liquid ran down her throat, relieving her of her troubles for only a moment. "Shouldn't you be an ally to your friends?" She sighed at his words, taking another swig of her tea. "I just do'nt know what I'm supposed to do, Ben. Maybe I shouldn't have gotten involved with him. Maybe I should just stay away. He would be safe that way."
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

Ben's Apartment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's Apartment   Ben's Apartment Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 8:59 pm

"I don't know, maybe because I might have the urge to bite one or two of them." Ben laughed and bared his teeth playfully. "Okay the forest it is. I'll send you and owl or you send me one whenever we want to meet." He looked towards his upstairs. "I will be right back. Ben leapt to his feet and went up his stairs two at a time. He stood for a second, searching the room with his eyes. A box hidden beneath some books caught his attention. He pulled the box and brought it back downstairs. He opened the dust covered top. It was filled with assorted momentos from his past. "There might be something in there..."

"I don't think I could forget that you are a veela Catalina." He smiled softly and kissed her lightly. "That thought is so disturbing that I'm going to forget you ever said it."

"That's true, it does take hatred to use those curses. Perhaps there is some hidden hatred you have for Remus. Sometimes we just fall for those we can't love. " He ran a hand over his healed cheek. "Thanks.

"I'm really not quite sure either Catalina, to tell you the truth." Ben sighed and looked at Catalina lovingly. "If Remus is a true friend, he will stand by you. He's already accepted you. Give it time. Talk to him about it."
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

Ben's Apartment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's Apartment   Ben's Apartment Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:29 am

"Well, no worries, Ben. Like I said before, I'm not very well-liked, but having a locket around my neck with your face in it might just set them off. Or, at least I hope so." She smiled wickedly. "Sounds good." She watched him zoom upstairs before he came back down with a box in his hands. She didn't want to reach in there, but she kept her sapphire eyes on each picture, trying to see one of Alice.

"Good, because it would be a very horrible thing if you did. After all, I might kill you with my temper." She giggled playfully, knowing that was highly unlikely. Then, she kept laughing at his words. "Yes, it is, isn't it? Althought, I've heard that he was very attractive in his youth." Catalina grinned mischievously.

"I don't think I could hate, Remus," Catalina said slowly. "I believe it's the people around him that I hate so much and why he spends so much time with them." She nodded in reply to his thank you.

"I just don't know how I'll find a chance to talk to him . . . if his girlfriend is always around. I mean, I could send him another owl or something . . . I'll think about it." She snuggled closer to Ben, continuing to look at the pictures in the box as he flipped through them.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

Ben's Apartment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's Apartment   Ben's Apartment Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 5:44 pm

"Or you should just start putting your their boyfriend's faces in your locket. That'd really set them off." Ben chuckled and flipped through the box. He pulled out a pair of dog tags and set them on the table. "Didn't even know I still had those." He continued putting items out as he found them. Finally he discovered some photos tied together. "Ah here we go. Flip through them and see if you can find one you like." He smiled and handed the photos to her.

"Ooo, that would be a horrible way to die." Ben made a face. "Yeah, he was about as attractive as a mailbox. So unless you have a thing for letters...let's keep away from the subject."

"Then that's where the hatred comes from." He put around Catalina and pulled her closer. "You'll find a way Catalina. His girlfriend sounds incredibly annoying. Very touchy and possessive."
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

Ben's Apartment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's Apartment   Ben's Apartment Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 5:51 pm

Catalina giggled. "I could do that, too." She watched him pull out a pair of dog tags. She picked them up curiously. "What are these from?" She took the photographs he handed to her and untied the wrap that surrounded them. Her eyes took in every detail of the pictures, until she found one that she loved. Ben was standing in it, laughing, his arms held up in surrender. Still flipping through while putting that one to the side, she saw another one . . . of Alice. "She was beautiful," Catalina whispered.

"Yes, so I'd imagine it would be wise to stay on my good side." She grinned at his face. "A mailbox, Ben! I don't think people can look like mailboxes." She laughed velvety again, her giggle soft and sweet.

"Oh, mon Dieu!" Catalina muttered, irritated. "You have no idea, Ben! She's practically insufferable and suffocating. I feel sorry for Remus. I bet he'll find someone else that's actually worth his time."

OOC: Like TONKS!!!! She's totally more awesome. haha.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

Ben's Apartment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's Apartment   Ben's Apartment Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 8:54 pm

Ben took the tags in one hand and ran his thumb over the imprinted metal. "World War II." He said casually, as if it weren't of much importance. "Those photos are from...about 20 years ago I guess." He laughed at the photo she choose. When he turned back to look Catalina had a photo of Alice in her hand. He took the photo from her lightly and gazed at it. It was at the beach, her favorite place to be. Ben smiled at the thought. "Yes she was."

"I like your good side a lot better." Ben grinned and rubbed his cheek. "Oh it's possible. If you had like a rectangular shaped face. It would work."

"Still young, there are plenty of chances to learn. I never liked those type of girls." He muttered. "Control freaks. No."
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

Ben's Apartment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's Apartment   Ben's Apartment Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 9:42 pm

Catalina looked at him wonderingly. "Did you ever see Adolf Hitler?" She paused. "Did you know that Adolf means wolf? Fitting, actually." Catalina watched him grin at Alice's picture, and then touched his hand. "When you feel like talking about her, I'll listen, Ben."

"I'm glad," Catalina giggled, hoping she would never have to physically harm Ben again. She rolled her eyes jokingly. "Whatever you say, darling." She threw him a smirk and her pet name.

"How would you describe my personality?" she asked, her sapphire eyes sparkling with interest.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

Ben's Apartment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's Apartment   Ben's Apartment Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:25 pm

"No I was fighting on the opposite side. I died when the Germans invaded Poland, I never saw Hitler." Ben chuckled and shook his head. He looked up at Catalina's light touch and met her familiar sapphire eyes. "Later tonight. If you stay the night." He raised an eyebrow suggestively.

"I'm not crazy, I swear." Ben grinned at the name.

"Your personality?" He paused to think for a second. "Well, you can be very flirtatious, not that it's a bad thing. You don't mean to attract a lot of the guys you do. You're lonely but you refuse to show it. You don't have any fears because you don't know what to fear. And you're afraid of getting hurt again. You've opened up to me but I don't think I've seen everything yet. Those who you do call friends must be fiercely loyal to you. You are to them."
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

Ben's Apartment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's Apartment   Ben's Apartment Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:29 pm

Catalina frowned. "Died?" she whispered. "When were you bitten?" She grinned back at him. "As long as you don't try anything, Kanst." She sat up straight, smirking at him.

"Oh, sure, and I'm not really a Veela." She giggled.

Catalina blinked. "You think I'm still lonely?" She looked down for a moment, feeling odd that he had just pinned her. "I'm surprised you have observed as much. I don't think I could do the same with you . . . Fiercely loyal, eh? I appreciate that." She grinned, conveying that she would always be loyal to him.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

Ben's Apartment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's Apartment   Ben's Apartment Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:43 pm

"Two days after the attack." Ben whispered in reply. He smiled at her answer. "Me? Of course I won't. I'll even be a good boy and sleep on the couch. If you want of course."

"Geez, the sarcasm level in here." He chuckled as he teased her.

"I hope you're still not lonely." Ben leaned in and brushed his lips against her. "Because that'd mean I'm not doing my job. Why don't you give it a try, what am I like?" He nodded. "Yes you are."
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

Ben's Apartment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's Apartment   Ben's Apartment Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 12:30 pm

"Do you know who it was that bit you? What about your parents? What are they like? How did they take it?" She blushed. "Actually, yes, I'd like that."

"Mais, bien sur, Monsieur!" She giggled. "You sould expect nothing less."

"No, not completely," Catalina whispered. "I just wish that more people would try and get to know me rather than write me off as a slut and then don't even take a second glance without judging me more." She looked at him sadly.

"Well, I believe that you are still loyal to Alice, although you have fallen for me. You are braver than you seem and your strength comes with your philosophical ideas about the world. And, you are very sarcastically humorous and can always make me smile." She paused, frowning. "When you love, you love completely and never let go of it . . . I may think of something else."

"I'm not really good at that. I usually just read people's eyes and expressions. I can pretty much tell what they are thinking by the way they reveal their emotions and by the way they talk with their bodies. But, I guess I could figure out their personality by that." Catalina stopped to giggle. "Maybe I just need to watch you more."
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

Ben's Apartment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's Apartment   Ben's Apartment Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 8:31 pm

"So many questions." Ben laughed and set to answering her questions. "Well...I don't know who bit me. Just a stray vampire. And my parents were killed in the war, sent to concentration camps. I never saw them after I was turned. Truthfully, I don't remember what they were like." He shrugged and put the dog tags back in the box. "Okay then, you take the bed."

"Well it's there loss. You are just a beautiful, intelligent woman. Jealousy is just an ugly word." Ben smiled softly. "And you're mine, so I wouldn't worry about what they think, because it's just you and me right now."

"Really now? I'd say that's pretty damn close. Though one thing, I'm not brave. It's just the image I have. If I were brave, I wouldn't have abandoned her. But I'm glad I can bring a smile to your face." Ben grinned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ben's Apartment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben's Apartment   Ben's Apartment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ben's Apartment
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before the Rebellion :: Outside of Hogwarts :: Personal Homes-
Jump to: