Before the Rebellion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts school at the time of James, Lily, Sirius and Remus. The rebellion is about to begin and when it does, on which side will you be?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Silver and Cold

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ames Devereux

Ames Devereux

Silver and Cold Empty
PostSubject: Silver and Cold   Silver and Cold Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:39 pm

Ames strode through the Trophy Room, admiring all the different awards for astounding achievements. He saw a case full of academic awards and he briefly looked through them. He would look at those at some point, but he was more eager for something else. He walked casually over toward a case full of the sports awards. He stopped in front of it and allowed for his eyes to scan the different shelves, eying all the gold, silver, and bronze. Ames immediately recognized a familiar name: Baldwin. Edgar Baldwin had been one of his mother's friends since they attended Hogwarts. Baldwin had a silver trophy, however. Ames searched through more, trying to find his mother's. He knew that she played Quidditch and that she had been excellent, but he just couldn't find her trophy, or medal of praise. He frowned as he searched through them again.

He gave up after a while and returned to Baldwin's. His trophy was silver. Ames touched the metal and it pierced his skin with a certain coldness. Ames suddenly felt a certain type of sympathy towards the trophy and the man. He released a heavy sigh as he saw he was alone in a room full of awards, none belonging to him. He was standing in a room of excellence, that he wasn't a part of of.
Back to top Go down
Sarah Taylor

Sarah Taylor

Silver and Cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver and Cold   Silver and Cold Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 5:58 pm

(I don't know if this is open or not. If not just tell me and I'll delete it.)

Sarah walked into the trophy room and noticed Ames. "Hey, Ames." She said smiling and looked over at her mother's academic medal. She sighed and put a small hand on the glass and her eyes turned hard. She wanted to hate her mother, but she almost couldn't.
Back to top Go down
Ames Devereux

Ames Devereux

Silver and Cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver and Cold   Silver and Cold Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 11:08 am

OOC: It's open. I'm not sure if you still get on this site, but I'm still going to reply, right?

IC: Ames looked over at a familiar voice. "Oh. Hello, Sarah," he said almost surprised. He smiled out of the corners of his mouth at her appearance. It was nice to run into people he was friends with or liked for that matter. "I hope you are doing well." He chuckled for a moment before turning towards the case full of trophies beside him.

"I would almost do anything to have my name on one of these," Ames spoke to Sarah. "To have new students like us years from now come in and admire us." Ames turned away from the different metals. "Why are you here, Sarah, if you don't mind my asking?"He said in a curious tone. He took a step closer to the girl.
Back to top Go down
Sarah Taylor

Sarah Taylor

Silver and Cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver and Cold   Silver and Cold Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 11:59 am

OC: Yeah, I still get on. I just haven't gotten to lately since school.

IC:

Sarah, never looking away from her mothers medal, answered Ames. "My mother has an academic medal in here...." She said bitterly. Sarah's hard eyes glared at the medal trying to hate the woman in the picture next to the medal. "I come in here every once in a while to see for myself how I even am related to her." Sarah said and wrapped her arms around herself.
Back to top Go down
Ames Devereux

Ames Devereux

Silver and Cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver and Cold   Silver and Cold Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 6:47 am

Ames noticed her bitterness as she stood frozen at her mother's medal. Her expressions were turning more harsh towards the award representing a woman in her life. The room began to feel even colder to him. "I'm guessing that you and your mom don't get along very well," Ames said while taking another step closer. "Sarah," Ames continued. "If you don't mind my asking, what happened between you and your mother?"
Back to top Go down
Sarah Taylor

Sarah Taylor

Silver and Cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver and Cold   Silver and Cold Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 3:22 pm

"Not getting along is an understatment." She said and turned away from the award. "My mother left my family right after she had my sister. Said she didn't want kids and that we were all just a joke. Over the years I tried writing her to ask her why she left, I recently got a letter that was just icing on the cake. Every unanswered letter, every birthday when I saw my friends with their mothers and my cousins family and I was there with my muggle dad who is socially awkward around us, especially around other wizards... made me hate that woman even more. The only thing I have left of her are my eyes, which constantly remind me of her, but I can't force myself to change them.... I tried so hard for years to hate her, and I didn't until I got that one letter." She took a deep breath and wiped away the small tears that formed in her eyes. "I promised myself I would never be like her, she lives in America... somewhere in California... And the sad thing is, one of my best songs I ever wrote is about her."
Back to top Go down
Ames Devereux

Ames Devereux

Silver and Cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver and Cold   Silver and Cold Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 5:13 pm

Ames listened while Sarah vented about her mother. He knew what it was like to be in the middle of hatred and love such as this. Perhaps his experiences weren't just like hers, but he could relate in a way. He took one last step closer to her so that he was now beside her. He wanted her to continue, to finish ranting. He placed a comforting hand upon her shoulder as he asked softly, "What exactly did she say in the letter?" He waited until she would reply.
Back to top Go down
Sarah Taylor

Sarah Taylor

Silver and Cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver and Cold   Silver and Cold Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 1:18 pm

Sarah closed her eyes. " It said, and I quote, "So, I hear your sixteen now? Look, I'm sorry I left but I couldn't take it. California's great, I don't regret leaving though. I have all your letters, but my new husband made me write back... Don't write again. -Michel" Lovely thing to write to your daughter isn't it?" She asked bitterly but didn't expect an answer. She left right after my sister was born, when I was two, on my birthday if I remember right." She said and wiped away more tears. "I was born in Carolina, that's in America, we moved her when I turned six to live close to my cousins, which even though they are my mothers family they hate her for what she did to us just as much as the rest of us do. My sister doesn't even know that she looks just like my mother because we never wanted to tell her. I only have one picture of my mother, it was when I was born... she didn't look happy even then..." she said and as a sob escaped out of her. She held onto her arms but held the rest in not wanting to cry in front of Ames. She took one big breath and let it out to calm herself down.

"I can see that one day, If I ever get good and known for singing, she'll come running to me hoping that I'll make her look good... she has another thing coming if she thinks I'm going to let her waltz into my life after everything she's put me through." She turned around and looked back at the award. "Sometimes I think about you, wonderin' if you're out there thinking about me, and would you even recognize the woman that your little girl has grown up to me." She sang quietly under her breath, staring at the picture with sad eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Silver and Cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver and Cold   Silver and Cold Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silver and Cold
Page 1 of 1