Before the Rebellion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts school at the time of James, Lily, Sirius and Remus. The rebellion is about to begin and when it does, on which side will you be?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Living in the Shadows [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

Living in the Shadows [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Living in the Shadows [Open]   Living in the Shadows [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:33 pm

Ben slunk in the shadows of Knockturn Alley, avoiding the few sprinkles of light here and there. The sun wasn't exactly his best friend. He'd seen unlucky vampires when they met the sun. A lot of painful screaming and then an explosion of dust. That was definitely not the way he wanted to go. Ben pulled the pack of cigarettes out of his pocket and had just lit one when he spotted the auror. It was quite obvious. The man didn't even look like he was trying to fit in. Ben made eye contact with him, there was a brief moment of recognition before Ben dived into a nearby shop to take refuge.
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix Black

Bellatrix Black

PostSubject: Re: Living in the Shadows [Open]   Living in the Shadows [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:06 pm

A loud crash and bang was heard from the Alley fallowed by the shriek of a cat. A thin black cat with matted fur scurried away from the passing people swiftly; it's long slender tail strait up in alertness. The black cat swept the area with watchful wide eyes and then slipped silently into a shop through the back door of the run down looking place. The cat tilted it's head upwards and with a small pop, the black eerie cat became Belatrix Black. She dusted off her dark green and black cloak as she stood in the corner of the shop, not taking any heed as to what shop she had entered. She had gotten away and that was what mattered most to the woman. Belatrix turned around sharply to walk to the other side of the shop when she ran into someone full on. She stumbled back a few steps and narrowed her eyes at the stranger. "Watch where you’re walking or you may lose a foot", she threatened darkly. That's when she realized she was speaking to a Death Eater. Her eyebrows arched in curiosity but she didn't speak of her questions. She wanted to know why the Death Eater was walking around as if the Dark Lord wasn't in fact needed assistance with his current planning. Belatrix adjusted her cloak and shoved past the man arrogantly as usual.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Living in the Shadows [Open]   Living in the Shadows [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:15 pm

Ben was too busy looking behind him to even notice where he was walking. He stifled his amused grin at her threat. "I was watching where I was going. Perhaps you're the one in need of a vision check." Ben retorted with a smirk. He brushed some dust of his shoulder casually and glanced back at the person he ran into. Clearly a Death Eater. He'd seen her around...Black, something or other. Connecting names with faces weren't exactly his forte. Ben turned on his heel to face her again. "Oh and if I were you, I wouldn't be so eager to head out. Aurors. Damn bastards are even invading Knockturn Alley."
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix Black

Bellatrix Black

PostSubject: Re: Living in the Shadows [Open]   Living in the Shadows [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:40 pm

"My vision is just fine, thank you”, Belatrix retorted and crossed her arms over her chest with a solemn expression. She listened as he spoke of the Aurors that continued to show up in the Alley recently. Belatrix glanced at the front door and then at the back door, of the shop. “Shit, this is Great. Just Great. That means they are watchin’ both exits of this place”, Belatrix groaned and pulled out her dark, narrow wand. “Nothing like an easy win then”, she smirked and watched from the shop window for any sign of the two Aurors
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Living in the Shadows [Open]   Living in the Shadows [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:50 pm

Ben rolled his eyes as he watched her check the exits. "Apparation much? They aren't that smart. They won't attack you if they don't see you." He smirked and strolled through the shop, pausing to examine an odd object every now and then. "Where the blood hell am I anyway?"
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix Black

Bellatrix Black

PostSubject: Re: Living in the Shadows [Open]   Living in the Shadows [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:14 pm

"You’re such a dolt. You must have forgotten that the Ministry has tags on every one of us Death Eaters. We apparate anywhere and they are there seconds later”. Belatrix had a rather bored expression as She glanced over at him as he picked up some item off of a shelve. “I have no clue what shop this is, how the bloody hell would I know”, Belatrix rolled her eyes and ran a hand through her messy hair as she peered out the dirty, dust tainted window.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Living in the Shadows [Open]   Living in the Shadows [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:25 pm

Ben shrugged, not really caring. "Whatever. It's not like those idiots can catch up with me anyway. Haven't in the last sixty years or so, not like they're suddenly going to get any smarter." He took the cigarette in two fingers and exhaled. Ben glanced out the window and saw the auror standing there almost nervously. "Especially that one. He's fun to mess around with. Honestly I don't know how he even got to make it into the academy....found it!" Ben dusted off an old cabinent. "Every store has one of these. Dark magic. Can't track us."
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix Black

Bellatrix Black

PostSubject: Re: Living in the Shadows [Open]   Living in the Shadows [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 4:22 pm

Belatrix wasn't in the mood- as usual- to put up with the behavior of others. Even if she would get caught, she wasn't going to stick around there forever. Belatrix turned on her heal and apparated a few blocks away. "Hey! You!", The Aurors cried as they all fallowed her. Belatrix pulled out her wand and waved it, "Avada Cadabra". There was a bright flash of green and the curse washed over the two Aurors. They both fell to the ground, stiff and pale. Belatrix put her wand away and smirked, leaning with her back against the wall she was standing near.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Living in the Shadows [Open]   Living in the Shadows [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 4:38 pm

Ben watched Belatrix leave and kill the aurors. He rolled his eyes at her show of confidence. "Or not." He mumbled under his breath. "That's another way." Well at least she'd taken care of them. Ben walked out and kicked a lifeless body out of the way. "Nice, I'm actually going to kind of miss that guy." He shrugged and held the cigarette loosely in the corner of his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix Black

Bellatrix Black

PostSubject: Re: Living in the Shadows [Open]   Living in the Shadows [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 7:02 pm

Belatrix watched him kick the body aside. She rolled her coal black eyes without much reason to be rolling them in the first place. Like her everlasting smirk, it had become an unavoidable habit. Belatrix looked behind her and saw that there was a vine fence intertwined with the paneling of the wall behind her. She smirked and grabbed hold of the fence and started to climb up it, even more cat like then she had been in her Animagus form. She pulled herself up onto the roof of the house and figured it would be a enjoyable game to steal a few valuable items from inside the home. She considered the option in her head as she weighed the chances of upsetting the Dark Lord for working off command.

Belatrix peered down at the Death Eater she had spoken with in the shop. "You want some entertainment? I think i've come up with a fun game". An amused smirk found it's way to her thin lips as she pointed at the open window leading into the home as if it was daring her to enter.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Living in the Shadows [Open]   Living in the Shadows [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:27 pm

Ben watched amused as Belatrix climbed the fence. He turned to look at the open window and a knowing smirk spread on his face. "And what would this game be?" He grinned. Ben grabbed onto a vine and climbed up with ease. He stood on the very edge of the roof. "So, we going to do this or not?"
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix Black

Bellatrix Black

PostSubject: Re: Living in the Shadows [Open]   Living in the Shadows [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 3:34 pm

Belatrix climbed onto the window seal easily but cautiously. "Fist one to grab them self something good from this ritzy house wins". Belatrix pushed herself through the window, landing not far from where she had entered the building. She looked around for any sight of a breathing being that could catch her, and smirked happily when she saw that not a sole was there. She pulled out her wand and started looking through the items near her. She soon found out that she was in some sort of sitting room that was filled with quite a few knickknacks, but nothing to her interest so far.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Living in the Shadows [Open]   Living in the Shadows [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 3:50 pm

"Okay, you're on." Ben smirked and grabbed on to the top of the window. He flipped in through the open window and landed without a sound. He walked past Belatrix into another room. It appeared to be a bedroom of some sort. Nothing seemed to catch his eye though. He ran a hand across a dresser and casually flipped through some drawers.
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix Black

Bellatrix Black

PostSubject: Re: Living in the Shadows [Open]   Living in the Shadows [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:19 pm

Belatrix Rolled her eyes when he made a big show of entering. "Show off...", Belatrix made sure to keep her voice quite, just incase someone did show up during there little competition. Belatrix gave up upstairs. She figured what she wanted would be downstairs, even if she wasn't sure what exactly she did want. Belatrix walked down the steps swiftly and jumped the last step. She scanned the room with excited eyes in search of anything interesting yet again.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Living in the Shadows [Open]   Living in the Shadows [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 8:35 pm

Ben heard what she said and turned around to give her a grin. "What about it?" He shot back. There seemed to be nothing in the bedroom, some jewelry but nothing worth his time. He walked down the stairs into the living room. A painting on the wall caught his attention. He motioned for Belatrix to come over and pointed to the painting. "Is that what I think it is?"
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix Black

Bellatrix Black

PostSubject: Re: Living in the Shadows [Open]   Living in the Shadows [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Belatrix laughed bitterly at his comment about showing off and shook her head as she dug through a closet downstairs. "What is it?", She wasn't about to stop her searching to look at some painting, she thought he was merely trying to trick her out of winning the competition. Belatrix groaned and closed the closet when she found nothing, abandoning her attempt to discover something in that area of the house.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Living in the Shadows [Open]   Living in the Shadows [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:42 pm

((FYI, this next thing. Totally made up.))

Ben took a step closer to the painting and examined it closely. "Looks like early Renaissance. That thing might be worth quite a little bit." He grinned at Belatrix's search. "Seriously. I'm not joking."
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix Black

Bellatrix Black

PostSubject: Re: Living in the Shadows [Open]   Living in the Shadows [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:58 pm

"Damn it, so you found something!?", Zylee turned around and looked at the painting he was eyeing. She took a few steps closer to it and put one of her long pale fingers to its surface to examine it. She narrowed her eyes and took a step back. Crossing her arms over her chest she sat down on the arm of a near chair, "Fine you win...” Her voice covered in unmistakable envy.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Living in the Shadows [Open]   Living in the Shadows [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:22 pm

Ben gave her a triumphant grin. "I guess I sure did." He crossed his arms and leaned against the wall. The smug grin that he wore so well was there again. "Awesome, so what. I just get the satisfaction of beating you? Lame. If that's all, I would have let you win."
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix Black

Bellatrix Black

PostSubject: Re: Living in the Shadows [Open]   Living in the Shadows [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:33 pm

OOC: Gosh Damn it I posted my name in the last topic O.O

"What you want then, Bastard?", Belatrix smirked with a flash of cruelty weaving through her icy words. Her temper was as usual a very hard thing to control, and losing was not her best game. Besides, she had lost to someone who she felt was weaker then her in many ways; but that was just her ego taking over again.

Belatrix sighed and put her hands in her palms as she waited for his answer, she figured he was taking his good old time on decided on his victory prize. "Im not paying you if that's what you want. Im not exactly good on cash", She was thinking of how she had spent all her previous money on gambling last weak, that and cigarettes that she really should be buying at her age.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Living in the Shadows [Open]   Living in the Shadows [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:38 pm

((Ahahaha nice))

Ben held his hands up in surrender. "I'm just playing with you. I don't want anything. I'm not that type of person." He walked towards the door and opened it for Belatrix. "Just a game. You need to money more than I do. How about a drink? You look like you can use it. I doubt you're old enough to drink, but I'm sure you do anyway."
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix Black

Bellatrix Black

PostSubject: Re: Living in the Shadows [Open]   Living in the Shadows [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:57 pm

Belatrix looked at the door and then glanced at him for a moment. She didn’t like being around people, it made her feel like she was breaking some sort of record that she had set of being isolated for so long since birth, but yet, she nodded in agreement. “Well im not going to mention that im positive you drank at my age as well”, She let a smirk creep acrossed her face again.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Living in the Shadows [Open]   Living in the Shadows [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:02 am

Ben let out a short bark of laughter. "So I'm a hypocrite, deal with it." He grinned and waited for Belatrix to walk out the door. "Now hurry up before somebody gets home and goes crazy on us."
Back to top Go down
Bellatrix Black

Bellatrix Black

PostSubject: Re: Living in the Shadows [Open]   Living in the Shadows [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 9:41 am

Belatrix laughed to herself for a moment and walked through the door. "Fair game, Uh... I don’t think I caught your name", Belatrix looked at him, a bit Quizzical she still wasn't exactly sure who he was, but she did remember his face from a few of the meetings she had attended in the Alleys involving Lord Voldamort's Wishes and requests. Belatrix ducked out of the sunlight into the shadows when she realized it's rays were shinning down into Knockturn Alley, pooling the streets with warmth that made her feel like a stranger to those roads, even if she had crossed the same path for many fortnights.

"I hate the sun", she couldn't help but mutter as she yanked her dark hood over her head to hide her face from it. Her pale skin proved that little statement of hers.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Living in the Shadows [Open]   Living in the Shadows [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 11:53 am

"Ben Kanst at your service." Ben smiled and gave a mock bow. He followed her outside and immediately saw the rays of sun invading the alley. He swore under his breath, careful to dodge them. "At least the sun doesn't hate you back."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Living in the Shadows [Open]   Living in the Shadows [Open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Living in the Shadows [Open]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next