Before the Rebellion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts school at the time of James, Lily, Sirius and Remus. The rebellion is about to begin and when it does, on which side will you be?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Smooth Criminal {Open}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

Smooth Criminal {Open} Empty
PostSubject: Smooth Criminal {Open}   Smooth Criminal {Open} Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:15 pm

Ben climbed up the stairs of the Astronomy Tower and slipped into the shadows. Luckily the moon wasn't out tonight which allowed for the darkness to envelope him completely. He had figured Catalina would be up here, he hoped that she was. It seemed like he could hardly go a day without her. Now he had gone to the point where breaking into Hogwarts grounds was quite normal. After an hour of waiting, he figured that she wasn't going to show tonight. Must have sent an owl that he missed. He sighed, rather disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Lux Levesque

Lux Levesque

PostSubject: Re: Smooth Criminal {Open}   Smooth Criminal {Open} Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:14 pm

Lux walked quietly up the stairs to the Astronomy tower. It was getting late, but she didn't care. She wanted to get away from the common room and come look at the stars. She needed a calm place to clear her head and thoughts. On her way up, Lux tripped on a step she didn't see and fell with a small shriek. After standing up and cleaning herself off, she looked around, hoping that no one had seen or heard her. It was too dark, however for the moon was not out. In a low, smooth voice she hummed, "Lumos." To her astonishment, the spell Zane Carter had helped her with worked. At the end of her wand, light was streaming.

As she stepped into the tower, she kept her wand nearby to help light her way. She smiled beautifully as she looked up. Even though there wasn't a moon, the stars shown brightly as they glimmered. As she took her gaze off the sky, she noticed a figure in the shadows.

Curiousity getting the best of her, Lux called out, "Hello? Is someone there?" she walked over closer, and noticed it was a man. Panicked that she had intruded, she whispered, "Nox". Her light instantly vanished. "I'm sorry for the light. I know that it kills your eyes when you're trying to stargaze," Lux apologized.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Smooth Criminal {Open}   Smooth Criminal {Open} Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:50 pm

A shriek knocked Ben back into reality. He whirled around waiting for somebody to come up the stairs. The light was something he was not expecting. It was near equivalent to looking straight into the sun, something he hadn't seen in nearly a hundred years. The effect was quite powerful. He groaned and covered his eyes, turning away. White lights flashed different colors even after he closed his eyes. "Yeah, someone's here. You mind? Thanks." He shook the effects off as the light disappeared. Slowly his vision returned to him and he could see who was in front of him. A student, not Catalina but still a beautiful Ravenclaw. "No it's fine. I was waiting for someone. I just, sorry."
Back to top Go down
Lux Levesque

Lux Levesque

PostSubject: Re: Smooth Criminal {Open}   Smooth Criminal {Open} Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:08 pm

Lux cringed as he had groaned in what seemed like pain.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to intrude" Lux said, taking a step back. Her scarf fell off her neck as she moved. She quickly and smoothly retrieved it, then fastened it back again as she shivered. She hadn't realized how cold it was. She wished that she would have worn her heavy robes. Her long sleeve, fitted shirt didn't provide enough warmth. She was glad that she had decided to wear a pair of blue jeans instead of her skirt.

She studied the man for a moment. "You're not a student here," she thought outloud. Suddenly, she regretted her words.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Smooth Criminal {Open}   Smooth Criminal {Open} Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:44 pm

"No, you're not intruding at all. I'm the one whose intruding." Ben smiled briefly. He noticed her shiver. Must have been colder than he thought up here. He took his jacket off and offered it to the Ravenclaw."Here. Take it. You need it more than I do."he stiffened when she realized he wasn't supposed to be up there. She didn't look like the type to run screaming in terror. So that was a good thing. Well you could never tell the screamers apart actually. "No. I'm not." Ben replied cautiously. "If you want. I can leave."
Back to top Go down
Lux Levesque

Lux Levesque

PostSubject: Re: Smooth Criminal {Open}   Smooth Criminal {Open} Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 12:40 am

Lux watched as he made a slight smile. She sensed some sort of friendliness in his voice, but she still wasn't sure. When he offered her his jacket, she hestitated for a moment. It was a freezing night, and he was being chivalrous. She was about to take it, but then stopped. "Thank you, but I think I will be fine. I've been in colder before. Besides, you never know what might happen. You might need that later for something."

Lux relaxed when he stiffened. She didn't pose a threat to him, but he seemed to have expressed some sort of fear or worry for a brief moment. Curiousity got the better of her, "I wouldn't ask you to leave. I just wonder, what interest is it that Hogwarts holds for you?" She wanted to know why he was here, but she also didn't want to pry.

Fear suddenly pulsed through her veins for a moment. Perhaps he was part of the Death Eaters, she though to herself. She quickly shrugged it off, for she didn't care. She didn't care for or fear either the Death Eaters or the Order of the Phoenix. Neither had given her a reason to give her support.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Smooth Criminal {Open}   Smooth Criminal {Open} Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 8:30 pm

Ben studied her for a second when she refused his offer. He chuckled when she said that he might need it. For some reason, he highly doubted that. Ben moved cautiously and draped it over her shoulders, ignoring her refusal. "No trust me. I won't be needing it." He smiled and walked back to where he first stood. His gaze turned from her to the sky. "Here for the stars?"

He raised an eyebrow at her question. Quietly, he debated whether or not to tell her his real intentions. Well so far she hadn't threatened to call any teachers. That was a good sign. She seemed to have accepted his presence up here and she had answered truthfully. It seemed only fair that he returned the favor. "I was waiting for someone. But I don't think she's showing up tonight." Not to mention she didn't carry that sour scent of fear. "Do you have a name?"
Back to top Go down
Lux Levesque

Lux Levesque

PostSubject: Re: Smooth Criminal {Open}   Smooth Criminal {Open} Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 pm

Lux was slightly furious when he drapped it over her after she had refused. Her anger instantly vanished, however, when she felt the warmth it provided. "Thank you," she said with sincere gratitude. A curious expression painted itself across her face when he said he wouldn't be needing it, but she didn't ask. She watched instead as he walked over to his original position and looked up at the sky.

"The stars? Yes. Or at least they are mostly the reason I'm here," Lux said with a smile. She moved her gaze to the sky as well. She instantly spotted the circumpolar constellations. By using those as her guide, she was able to easily map out the rest of the heavens. She returned her gaze back to the man, though, when he began to speak.

"Oh," Lux replied. He was supposed to meet someone. She didn't ask any questions, fearing that she had pried into his business already too much. Lux walked over to the edge of the tower and looked down absent-mindedly.. They were very high up. She had never looked down before, only up. She liked the new perspective, but not as much as the sky.

"Lux. Lux Levesque," she spoke turning towards to man. She wasn't sure if she should offer her hand in a greeting or not. "And yourself? I'm sure you have a name, also." she casually leaned against the tower, still keeping her poised posture.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Smooth Criminal {Open}   Smooth Criminal {Open} Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:24 am

Ben nodded in reply to her thanks, he could feel her slight anger. Well he was stubborn and sometimes it did get him in trouble. "You're welcome." He studied her before turning back to study the stars. He'd never bothered to look at them until he met Catalina. Now they were quote an interesting subject.

"Yes, this is the best place to see them." Ben's gray eyes flashed briefly to meet hers. She had a similar love for astronomy, much like Catalina's. "Interesting what you see up there when you take the time." He sighed and seated himself on the railing of the tower.

There was an almost disappointed sound behind her oh. As if she was hoping for a little more. That, Ben was not willing to give to her. "A very high fall, isn't it? That's why this tower is meant for looking up." For a brief second, he wondered what it would be like to jump from the tower. Feel the air rushing by him. It wouldn't kill him of course.

"Lux. Unique name." He repeated softly. "I'm Benjamin." He smiled, deciding against sharing his last name. "It's very nice to meet you Miss Levesque." Ben held his hand out for her.
Back to top Go down
Lux Levesque

Lux Levesque

PostSubject: Re: Smooth Criminal {Open}   Smooth Criminal {Open} Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:52 am

Lux smiled at his comment. "Yes, they are very interesting. But what I really want to know is why they are interesting. I mean, if you think about it, the stars are just giant spheres of swirling gases and common elements that are abundant everywhere," Lux explained. She sighed before continuing, "I suppose man finds anything interesting or worth studying if he himself cannot match or create something as great."

"Have you ever heard of the man named Leonardo Da Vinci? He was born sometime during the fifteenth century," she racked her brain trying to remember. "He was a muggle, but I will admit a brilliant one at that. He once said, 'When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." She thought for a moment before continuing, "So, the tower was made for looking up? I think all things are made for looking up." She then quickly added, "Well, most things."

She smiled, "Thanks," she wasn't sure if it was a compliment or not. She decided to take it as one, "Somehow my name was derived from the word 'light'," she shook her head in a disbelieved manner. She turned her hazel eyes and settled her gaze on him and his outstretched hand. Since it was so dark out tonight, they were a dark brown color. "Benjamin. It suits you well. It's simple, yet classy. It holds a certain sophistication and mystery," she decided. She took his hand in a friendly gesture. His hand felt colder than hers. With a frown, Lux asked, "Are you sure you don't want your jacket?"
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Smooth Criminal {Open}   Smooth Criminal {Open} Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 12:44 pm

Ben let one leg hang over the railing while he hugged the other one to his chest. As Lux talked, he looked up at the sky, hadn't changed in the last century. He could still remember looking up at the same sky with Alice, her laughter as they picked out their child's name. His throat closed in a familiar pang of sorrow. He shook his head as if to get the thoughts out and turned his attention back to Lux. "I think it's more out of greed than passion. We're more consumed by our greed to understand everything than our passion to enjoy something. Perhaps that's why man finds anything unexplainable interesting."

He smiled at her reference to da Vinci. "How true. I've never been much of a flier myself though. Actually, come to think of it, I don't think I've ever taken to the skies." He found it unusual that he was suddenly so chatty. By now he usually would have found an excuse to leave. Maybe it was Catalina, she had brought about so much change. He no longer felt strange meeting new people. "Of course, this is the Astronomy Tower."

"Light and Lux. I can see the similarity." Ben grinned jokingly. He grasped her hand in a light handshake, the warmth of her skin briefly warming his. "The power that names hold. I suppose that just summed me up pretty nicely." He could tell she could feel the obvious coldness of his skin and he broke the handshake off. "No really. I'm just naturally cold." Because I have become Death Ben thought bitterly.
Back to top Go down
Lux Levesque

Lux Levesque

PostSubject: Re: Smooth Criminal {Open}   Smooth Criminal {Open} Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 8:29 am

Lux watched as Benjamin looked up into the sky. He seemed to be reminiscing about something, and Lux waited and allowed for him to do so without interupting his thoughts. When he finally spoke, she nodded in agreement at his words then added, "It is my belief that all men hold the greed for knowledge. Or at least most humans. Some creatures understand this and live for pleasure and passion. And perhaps that is why we shun them. They have something that we don't have and that something we never will."

She smiled at his words. "I used to be a flyer," she spoke. "I used to really love it, but for now this tower is the highest up I'll ever be." She kept her gaze steady on a single star while thinking. It was funny that while flying the ground and sky seem equal distances away. The sky, however, could never be touched. No matter how high up one flies, they will always be at that equal distance. But the ground was a different story all together. Lux shook her head returning herself to the present.

Lux grinned as well, now facing Ben. "Well, from the latin word for light, I suppose. What is it, Lumen? I hold a certain fascination with names," Lux confessed after he had spoken.

After he had broken off the handshake, Lux thought for a moment. Naturally cold? A single horrifying thought crossed her mind, but she dismissed it. There was no reason to get herself worked up, and besides she didn't seem to be in any danger, in fact, Lux felt very calm being out here with him. She smiled while turning away from Ben.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smooth Criminal {Open}   Smooth Criminal {Open} Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smooth Criminal {Open}
Page 1 of 1