Before the Rebellion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts school at the time of James, Lily, Sirius and Remus. The rebellion is about to begin and when it does, on which side will you be?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:31 pm

Catalina was aimlessly walking through the hallways, her face set in stone. She felt so lonely at this school. Five years and still not even one single person she could call a friend. She realized it was partly her fault, what with her instinctual behavior with men and the like.

With a sigh, she found herself desiring a cozy place to draw, away from everyone else. As she paced a door appeared to her left, and she jumped violently, wondering if this could be the acclaimed Room of Requirement. Chiding herself, she wondered what else it would be.

Hesitantly, she touched the doorknob, pushing open the entrance and stepping in. The room was filled with parchment and quills, ink bottles strewn about, while some stood tall. A roaring fire sat in the fireplace near the right, a large comfy couch placed just in front of it. The conflagration seemed to be welcoming her with its warmth and she couldn't help but go near it.

Plopping down on the floor, she lay down upon the ornate rug beneath her, hugging her legs to her chest and sighing deeply. Now, she didn't feel like drawing. Lately, it had caused her to think of her past, and she would've given anything to erase those memories.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:37 pm

Ben walked through the hallways of the school undetected. Clearly the defense of Hogwarts was lacking. Anybody with a third grade education could have made it through. There was no point in him actually being here, but he felt the need to prove to himself that he could break in. Some useful information for Voldemort in the future. But as he walked around he couldn't shake the feeling that someone in the school had purposely let him in. His ego crushed this thought, yet the theory sat in the back of his head. A large group of students could be heard turning the corner. Ben's attention snapped his attention back into this world. He opened the nearest door and shut it quickly behind him.

His luck. Of course it happened to be the RoR. Ben chuckled and shook his head, someone was definitely playing with him. He walked into the middle of the room when he heard the door open. Ben slid into the shadows and pulled his wand out.
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:57 pm

OOC: She's already in there, just so you know. Laughing

IC: Catalina turned when she saw the door open, her sapphire eyes widening in fear. There was no one to be seen. Glancing around, she growled at herself, thinking it had just been her imagination and turned back to the flickering flames, the extension reaching higher and higher as she wished.

She did not want the warmth to die, for she felt so very cold.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:05 pm

((Oh right. Just testing you Razz))

Ben glanced back at the door...or where the door had been. He swore under his breath and quickly scanned the room for any other signs of an exit. Great. Just perfect. He watched the girl seated by the flames. As the flames got higher, their tendrils dlcikered light further and further into the room. There was no place to hide now. His shadow clearly danced along the wall. Ben gripped his wand tightly and waited for the girl to notice his presence. Maybe by some stroke of luck she wouldn't freak and help him get out of here.
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:08 pm

Catalina, feeling as if she was being watched, stood up rather suddenly, immediately turning her head. Her sad expression found nothing but a dancing shadow. Her dull sapphire eyes pinned a figure hiding in the darkness. She tilted her head to the side, and murmured, her velvet voice depressed and morbid, "Who's there?"

There was no fear or anxiety on her face, for at this moment, she didn't care who was standing in the shadows. Even if it was Bellatrix.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:21 pm

Ben smirked when she turned around. There was no doubt, a beautiful face like that, veela. He could taste no fear from her. The confidence in her voice was unmistakeable. Ben took a step into the light, the flames reflected in his grey eyes. The devilish twinkle in his eye was illuminated by the flickers. He debated telling her his name. Probably wasn't a good idea. "Nobody. Just a...passerby."
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:31 pm

Catalina instantly knew that the stranger that stepped out was no student here. She sized him up before sighing and then turning back around and then plopping back down on the ground.

"Is there something that you need?" she asked sadly, glancing over at him again, no interest on her face whatsoever. A slight tingle in her mind told her that he was a Death Eater, because he wore the same kind of smirk as Bellatrix, but she didn't really care right now.

His grey eyes were illuminated, quite contrasted to her dull blue orbs. He was rather cute, but Catalina didn't feel it necessary to flirt. After all, she was apparently not in the mood.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:41 pm

Ben was actually rather disappointed at her reaction. Not even a angry curse or scream of terror. But her lack of enthusiasm piqued his interest. She was different. The unique color of her eyes captured his full attention. "A way out of here would be nice. You look like you need the company though." Ben grinned. Yeah he never was one for thinking his words through. That last part was supposed to be a thought.
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:45 pm

Catalina noticed his interest in her, but did not take it as surprising. She was a Veela, after all. Her dull sapphire orbs stared dismally in his direction, before she murmured, "You may join me if you wish."

She was unsure of whether or not she should turn him in to the Headmistress or lead him out.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:54 pm

Ben found her attitude towards him terribly depressing. He seated himself next to her without a word. The silence was unbearable for him. "Benjamin Kanst." He said suddenly. Something had to be said to break the tension. "So what's your story? Lovely and lonely, not a combination you see everyday."
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:59 pm

"Catalina," she whispered, turning her face towards his own. They were inches apart, and she felt no discomfort around him. But, a part of her wanted to crawl inside a hole and disappear forever.

"I have no friends," she said dismally, while trying to smile. Her heartbreaking grin was beautiful, but it could make anyone want to cry for her. "Everyone thinks I'm worthless, especially Bellatrix Black." She said the Slytherin's name with obvious distasted, her sapphire eyes suddenly illuminating with violent hatred.

But, then, the emotion faded quite instantaneously. She flashed Benjamin another weary smile.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:11 pm

"Pretty name. It fits you." Ben met her gaze with a grin. This close he could see the pain reflected in those stunning eyes. A familiar look he had once seen staring back at him in the mirror. The Veela charm was hard to resist, but Ben knew his self control.

"Friends don't get you anywhere in life." He muttered with sudden bitterness. "They all abandon you eventually. Who cares what people think? It won't matter when they're dead now will it? They're loss if they can't find a friend in you." Ben flashed her a grin. "You can't hide behind that smile forever."
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:41 pm

Catalina allowed herself to blush. Benjamin was being very kind to her, very unlike what she had suspected of him. She knew that he was trying to control himself, but it was odd, for she wasn't even trying. "Thank you," she whispered softly, her breath tickling his skin.

"It is 'neither good nor bad but thinking makes it so'", Catalina sighed out a Shakespeare quote. She was speaking of friendship and how indifferent it was making her to be.

She looked at him, tilting her head to the side. She touched his face gently before whispering, "You have shown me great kindness, Benjamin. More so than the people I have known for years. What faith shall I bestow upon those that have tortured me into indifference?"
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:54 pm

"I'm only saying the truth. There are no thanks necessary when one merely speaks the truth." Ben gave her another rare smile of his. The light sensation of her breath was enough to raise the hairs on the back on his neck.

He chuckled lightly at the quote. Shakespeare. A curious choice. He flinched at her warm touch. It felt hot and alive against his cold skin. He could nearly feel the blood pulsing through her veins. Ben closed his eyes briefly before snapping the wide open to meet her sapphire blue stare. Her question didn't even register with him. "Just Ben. I never liked the formalness of Benjamin."
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:13 am

Catalina smiled her pearly grin at him before continuing to stare into his grey eyes. They seemed so gentle at this moment, but what would he do if he began to know her real story?

Noticing the cringe, she looked down and removed her hand from his arm, noting the icy feel of his skin. Vampire. But, at this moment, she felt no fear. She looked up into his silvery eyes once more before she nodded, "Alright, Ben."

She was silent for a moment, before she whispered, "You are very good at controlling yourself, Ben. How long did that take?"
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:44 pm

Ben couldn't help but keep his smile while he was around her. A part of him longed to know more about her. The other part of him told himself to keep quiet. After years of being alone, he had set up a barrier. Still he couldn't shake the feeling that Catalina knew too much of loneliness. Her warm touch left a tingling sensation behind. He titled his head at her question. "Years. But you can never fully take control." He paused for a second. "Like now. Mere luck that I've stayed in control for so long."
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:59 pm

Catalina smiled gentlly at him before saying, "Maybe part of it is because I'm not in the mood to egg you on." She gave a tired giggle, the sound like a harmony of bells.

Silent for another long moment, she said, "What are you doing here, Ben? Why have you come? I hardly believe it was just to find a lonely girl like me." Another smile.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 3:09 pm

"Maybe so." Ben laughed softly and shook his head. "True, wasn't my initial intention to find you. Actually I was just erm..well breaking into the school. Just to see if I could do it. What about you Catalina? Hiding from something?"
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 9:55 pm

Catalina had figured as much. She stared into his eyes, searching for something in particular. Her sapphire eyes suddenly flashed with interest and she murmured, "Are you a Death Eater, Ben?"

"I hide from everything," she whispered. "Especially from everyone at this school." She sighed, pulling her knees up to her chest again and wrapping her arms around her legs.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:07 pm

Ben returned her stare, he wondered what she was looking for. He raised an eyebrow slightly as if to ask her. Her question didn't come as a surprise to him. After all, he hadn't even bothered trying to hide the Dark Mark. "Yes. I am." Ben nodded and unconsciously traced the skull on his arm. He watched her and could she the loneliness she felt. Cautiously, Ben reached out and brushed a loose strand of her hair out of her face. "Hiding never works well. It will still catch up to you eventually Catalina."
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:19 pm

"What's it like, being so close to the Dark Lord?" A sort of interest sounded in her voice, and for once in her life, she considered truly being a Death Eater, to get back at all of the ones that had tormented her. Especially Leighanna. Anger flashed through her eyes and she glared at the flaming embers in the fireplace.

She closed her eyes at his touch, allowing a single crystalline tear to fall from her sapphire eye. She brushed it away immediately, blushing at this weak show of emotion. "I'm sorry, I've just met you . . . yet I feel like you are the kindest person I have ever met . . . even with you being a Death Eater." She paused, allowing more tears to fall unwillingly. "I have noticed that the people who claim to have such goodness have shown me nothing but hatred. Even after all I have done to them, when they claim that forgiveness is the better option, they reveal to me that they want revenge."

Her mind flashed to Remus. He had been kind to her, staying by her while she was shunned by everyone else. "Except one . . . but I don't believe his friendship is enough to save me."
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:41 pm

Ben smiled at her sudden interest. "No one is close to the Dark Lord, just loyal. He offers a way out. Something you want and need." He looked down and flexed his fingers. "I've only known war. So that's what he gives me. The Order thinks that the good in people will be enough for them to win. How wrong they are. No one cares about anyone but themselves. They can deny it all they want, we know the truth."

The tears were expected. He wiped one tear away before conjuring a handkerchief and handed it to her. "Don't be sorry." Ben smiled softly. "Being a Death Eater doesn't mean I have to be cold and unfeeling. You haven't done anything to wrong me. I'm not a kind person. I'm like the rest of them, the only difference is I don't condemn those like you. I understand what it's like."

He shifted slightly and kept his unwavering focus on her. "Then tell me. What can save you?"
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:42 am

"Surely he has a favorite?" A way out. Something I need. She listened to Ben, watching his eyes move down to his fingers. "'Evil is easy and has infinite forms,'" she whispered softly. "Surely you would sacrifice yourself for someone that meant a lot to you? Even if it meant losing yourself in the process?" She would, but only if they would let her.

She smiled at his tender touch and then thanked him while she took the handkerchief. "I suppose it's just what people think when you hear the words 'Death Eater'." Catalina shrugged. "How could you understand?" she asked sadly, gazing at him with her sapphire eyes. "How are you condemned for being who you are?"

Catalina sighed deeply before running a porcelain hand through her hair. "I'm not sure, Ben, but nothing here seems promising." She was silent for a long moment. "How could I become a Death Eater?"
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:38 am

"Favorites, yes. But I wouldn't know. He doesn't trust me too much." Ben laughed and smiled softly. The smile was quickly erased and replaced with a frown. He felt a deep pang in his chest when Catalina spoke of sacrifice. He ran his hand through his hair. "That someone...is long gone. I would have given my life for her. Now it's just me though." Ben gave her a half-hearted smirk.

Memories that he had long forgotten were starting to return. The laughter. He looked into the fire and could almost feel her at his side again. Ben shook his head as if the motion would shake the memories out. He stood up to hide the pain and anger. "Death Eaters. We're the cowards who run because we can't stand to fight. We're the ones that no one wants. The rejects." He spat with sudden anger. "That's why we're condemned. Because we're different."

He turned back to look at Catalina. "I'm not the person to ask."
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:47 am

"Who does he trust?" Catalina was unsure if the Dark Lord trusted anyone with his plans. She watched the smile disappear from his face and she touched his lips softly, wondering what she had said to cause his change of emotion. Chills ran through her body at his words, and she tried to smile reassuringly. Turning his face towards her own, she murmured, "I know what it's like to lose someone forever." Her mind flashed to Deimos.

"They killed her, didn't they?" she asked sadly, looking up at him. She stared at his back, watching the anger ripple off of his body. "Well, I must have it pretty bad then," she said, flashing a small grin. "I'm not even a Death Eater and I'm already a reject."

She frowned slightly. Severus had answered her when she had asked him, either. "Well, then, how did you become one, Ben? I know there's a way."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next