Before the Rebellion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts school at the time of James, Lily, Sirius and Remus. The rebellion is about to begin and when it does, on which side will you be?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:58 am

"Trust? Wrong choice of words." Ben shuddered at her light touch. Her words brought a quick smile to his face. "It appears we have much more in common than I thought." He turned back and seated himself next to Catalina again. "No, they didn't kill her. I just wasn't what she needed. She deserved better."

"Do you want to be a Death Eater Catalina?" Ben asked curiously. "I never intended on becoming a Death Eater. He found me...but if it's what you truly want. I could help."
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 12:05 pm

"What does Voldemort do?" she asked wearily, thinking of all of the things she had heard of the Dark Lord. She was not afraid of him, but felt that he would be a good master for her ends.

"I have heard that quite frequently," Catalina said, smiling softly. "She left you? How could she deserve better? You seem pretty exceptional to me." She gave him a small sad smile. "My love was killed by Aurors, but he deserved it . . . although I still love him. He left me for no reason . . ."

Catalina racked her brain, thinking of Remus. Finally, she whispered, "Yes." She paused. "Why did he come to you? What did you have to offer?" she asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 12:20 pm

Ben laughed lightly. "So many questions. He feeds off the misery of others. But that's just what I've seen." He waved his hand dismissively. Ben never cared much for the Dark Lord, it just gave him something to do.

"I left her. And then she took her own life." He hated the way that sounded and he looked down in shame. "I'm sorry about him. How could he deserve it if you still love him?" Ben looked at her, hoping the answer could offer him some own closure about himself.

"Personally, I didn't have anything to offer. I was half-dead." Ben sighed. "He saw my anger as an advantage. My pain as a weapon. All he had to do was direct it towards someone."
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 12:28 pm

Catalina smiled back at him. "Sorry, I suppose my questions are part of my weakness." She smiled. "Like a Dementor?" That's interesting. I've never heard of him spoken of like that.

Placing a hand on his cheek, Catalina tried to smile reassuringly. "You must let go of those you love. Your love will never fade, but it will grow weaker with time." She paused. "Deimos left me for someone else, and he gave me no reason. I sacrificed a lot for him and when he disappeared, it almost killed me. I cannot just stop loving him for that." Silence. "You can't blame yourself for what she did. Those that take their own lives do it on their own reasons."

Catalina tilted her head to the side curiously, "You're a Vampire." She cringed at his next words, feeling that Voldemort could use those same reasons to recruit her.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 12:36 pm

"At least they're not pointless questions." Ben smiled. "Sort of I guess. I've never made that connection."

Ben placed his hand over hers and closed his eyes to listen to the reassuring beat of her heart. "Thank you for that." He opened his eyes, her face mere inches from his. "He used you. And your loyalty isn't appreciated by him. It is rare to find someone who can still love after something like that." He paused and let the silence fill the air. "I blame myself anyway. I was the reason. It's too hard to forgive myself."

He nodded at her words. "Yes..."
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 12:51 pm

Catalina flashed a welcoming smile. "Good. I'm glad you think that. Most people get made at me for asking any question."

Another smile flew across her lips when his cold hand covered hers. "It's no problem. I can anger or calm people." She gave a light grin. "I know . . . He showed me a lot about life, Ben. He is a part of me." She blinked once. "I blame myself for letting him leave. It is my fault that he was captured and then killed by the Aurors. If I had only begged him to stay with me that night . . ." She closed her eyes, sighing sadly.

"Is it hard? Being what you are?" She had no fear. Deimos had erased every part of her that had contained fear. She would not let it control her.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 4:27 pm

Ben listened quietly. "I believe your advice seconds ago would come in handy. You must let go of those you love. How odd that we lead parallel lives. Almost mirror images of each other." Her love reminded him so much of his own. He couldn't even bring himself to say her name. Her face flashed through his thoughts again. He clenched his fist and felt the cold metal around his finger. Strange. He didn't remember putting his wedding band back on.

"You get used to it like everything else." Ben shrugged. After so long it wasn't any different from him. He hardly remembered his human life.

He gave Catalina a crooked grin. "I can't sense any fear from you. I've never met anyone like you. It's a refreshing difference."
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:24 pm

Catalina nodded, completely agreeing with him. "I know. Sometimes, it's to let someone else enter into your heart." She sighed sadly, doubting she would ever find another man that had loved her as much as Deimos. Noticing his clenched fist, she watched as a ring appeared upon his finger. She hadn't noticed it before. Then, a desperate sadness came over her. "You were married to her . . ."

"I don't think I could ever get used to something. Life would get boring." She shrugged. "A life of content leads to emptiness. What is there to live for if you do not wish to do anything more with yourself?"

"I shed every ounce of fear I had a long time ago. It's useless, being cowardly. I have no cowardice. It's foolish and disgusting. It will not guide my life. My intellect and instinct will."
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:49 pm

"That's the hardest part of moving on." Ben sighed and leaned back. "Opening your heart to someone else." He looked down at his hand and twisted the ring around. "I still am I suppose. It feels like it. I can't look at anyone and think about moving on without that feeling a betrayal."

He smiled sadly. "True. Okay maybe not get used to. You learn to live with it. But I died a long time ago. Life looks differently in death."

"And you fear nothing?" Ben raised an eyebrow. "Interesting. Fear and being a coward are two different things. Fear can be overcome, it seperates us from each other."
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:58 pm

"I believe that's why I have only done it to one other person besides you," she whispered sadly, thinking of Remus again. "I kind of feel that way about Deimos . . . He was everything to me . . . And now he's nothing but a memory."

"I'd imagine so," Catalina whispered with a smile. "You know, I didn't pin you as being philosophical. I'd enjoy talking to someone like you more than once in my lifetime. Will I see you again after this?"

Catalina closed her eyes for a moment, racking her brain. "No," she declared rather softly. Being a coward comes from fear, so I suppose that's why I join them together in my thoughts. Separation from another living thing is not always a bad thing, unless you live the rest of your life in complete solitude."
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:12 pm

Ben arched his eyebrow, clearly amused. "And have you let me in your heart Catalina?" He nodded in agreement. "A memory that feels all too real."

"I spend too long thinking about these things. The product of my insanity. Looks are deciving. Is it the tattoos? I think that just skews the entire image." Ben said with a laugh. "And yes I would like to see you again. I'm clearly not a student here but if you ever need me or have the urge to talk, I have a place in London." He got a piece of paper and a quill. In his slight ilegible writing he scrawled his address. Ben folded the piece of paper and handed it to Catalina.

"No?" Ben repeated her answer. "Are you afraid to let someone else love you like Deimos did?"
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:48 pm

Catalina looked over at him and hit him playfully on the arm. "Don't mock me," she said, grinning. "Yes, I believe that I have. No one here really seems to want to give me a chance." She paused. "Sometimes, memories must seem real so that they are not as painful to forget."

"I do it, too, so just be glad you're not alone on it. Yes, I believe it was the tattoes." She giggled lightly. "Good, I'll be sure to call upon you again. So, keep your place clean." Catalina gave him a wink and then stowed his address in her pocket.

Her sapphire eyes stared sadly into his. "No," she said again. "Just wary. I'm not afraid for someone to love me . . . I'm just being cautious so that a man will never hurt me again."
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 7:58 pm

Ben grabbed his arm in mock pain. "I wasn't mocking you! It was a serious question." He whined in a pouting voice. "I'm glad to have had this chance to talk with you. Made my day a little brighter."

"That's nice to know." Ben laughed. "I knew it. They're either a huge turn on or turn off. Just gonna have to like them cause they're not going anywhere." He gave her a disparing look when she mentioned keeping clean. "Ah great. That's not going to happen. Now I actually have to pick up."

Ben met her gaze. "I see." He muttered softly and held a hand out. He brushed his thumb lightly over her lips. "I admire your bravery. I genuinely fear love. And are you wary to love someone else?"
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 8:14 pm

Catalina giggled and then rolled her eyes, doubting he was being serious. She nodded, smiling, "I'm glad to have had that honor. I've never really heard someone say that about me talking with them. It's usually 'Go be a whore somewhere else.'" She shrugged.

Her sapphire eyes seemed to widen. "I hope you didn't think I didn't like them, Ben, because I do." She batted her lashes playfully and then giggled harmoniously again. "Well, I might look past it . . . or maybe you just need a woman's touch to make it have that special feeling." She grinned.

Catalina blinked a couple of times when his thumb found her lips. She fought a tremble of pleasure as the coldness of his fingertip traced her mouth. She allowed a smile to appear on her full lips. "That only depends on who that 'someone else' is." She gazed at him suggestively.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:40 pm

"Geez really? Wow that's harsh." Ben scoffed. "I mean, whoring isn't easy. People need to understand that. You can't rush things like that." He grinned and stuck his tongue out.

'Aww well thanks." Ben ran a hand down his arm. Her laughter brought a smile to his face and he couldn't help but chuckle himself. "That's probably it. Exactly what my place has been missing, a woman. Explains a lot. My bachelor pad is feeling lonely all by himself."

Ben felt the slight tremble she tried to hide. He leaned in at her 'suggestion' until her intoxicating scent was almost overwhelming. Her warm breath passed along his lips and the neverending thirst pounded in his throat. "If I do what I think I'm about to do, would this end very well. Or should I just get up and leave now. I'm ranting. This is supposed to be in my head." He muttered out loud.
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:50 pm

Catalina giggled again. Ben was so humorous. She couldn't help but smile in his presence. Maybe he was trying to keep her smiling. And, she liked that. "I know. People just jump to such conclusions." She smiled.

"I'd imagine so." She gave him a mocking finger waggle. "You know, you better keep your room clean or I might have to ground you." Another giggle.

Catalina trembled more noticeably now, leaning closer to him. "That depends," she whispered seductively. "On how good you are."
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:17 pm

"What is the world coming to?" Ben shook his head in a joking manner. The lightened atmosphere was a nice change.

Ben laughed and gave her a devilish smirk. "Kinky. Who's to say I might not like that?" He taunted back.

"Well guess we'll find out." He grinned and stifled the gap between them. His lips met Catalina's in a restrained and tender kiss.
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:21 pm

"I'm not so sure, to be honest." Catalina said with a slight smile.

"I don't know." She tilted her head to the side. "But, all men like me." She grinned wickedly.

Catalina did not back away from his icy lips, for although cold, were very refreshing in their chill. She pressed her face closer to his, eager for more passion.

OOC: *wiggles eyebrows* haha.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:43 pm

Ben ran his hand to the back of her neck and deepened the kiss. He broke his restraint when he felt her respond. The only reason he broke the kiss was because he realized she would have to breathe. "Well....I'd give it a 11 out of 10."
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:50 pm

Catalina took a deep breath and then smiled again. "Thanks. I'm going to have to agree but bump it up to a 12." She grinned, before leaning closer to him again, her lips barely touching his.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:55 pm

Ben chuckled lightly and brushed his lips against hers. He kissed her again. "Or maybe we can just forget the scale and agree it was damn good." He smiled and played idly with a strand of her hair.
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:02 pm

Catalina giggled and then said, "Yes, we can concur on that matter." She reached up and touched a tattoo on his right arm. "What's this one?" she asked curiously.

OOC: Obviously, not your Dark Mark. haha. I used more vocab. haha.
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:48 pm

Ben looked at the tattoo she was pointing at. "Just part of the sleeve I have. It's an angel. Not quite sure what it stands for yet though."
Back to top Go down
Catalina Williams
INACTIVE
Catalina Williams

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:50 pm

"Hm," Catalina said, tracing her finger along the Angel's face. "Maybe it could stand for your past love." She looked up at him, her sapphire eyes curious. "What's her name, Ben?"
Back to top Go down
Ben Kanst
Out of School
Ben Kanst

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:00 am

Ben smiled at this idea. "Maybe." He watched her finger trace the face. Her name sat on the tip of his tongue yet it was so hard to say. "Her name?" A long pause. He debated with himself before letting out a sigh. "Alice."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)   Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Don't *Look* Back, You're *Safe* Now (Open)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next